The Lending Journey will process, review, and approve a loan to individuals who:
- Have shown initiative in starting small micro-enterprises are looking for additional financing to help them improve their standard of living.
- Have met certain criteria as outlined in the application.
- Are socially and economically deprived.
Our sponsors and supporters will be given the opportunity to sponsor a woman in Nicaragua and Ecuador, who is in turn part of a co-operative community initiative. The average loan is currently set at $300 USD.
Individual sponsors will make a donation to The David/Jonathan Project.
The recipients of loans are those who:
- Are less fortunate
- Can demonstrate their destitute situation
- Have a business plan explaining their micro-enterprise and how they will repay the loan
- Have a commitment to abide by all regulations and procedures as outlined in the “Acceptance Agreement”
- Have a commitment to a training program, one night per week for 26 weeks